Daigo Umehara's Event Schedule 2015

- Canada Cup's Master Series [January 9-11]
- 5th Niconico Shotenkaigi [January 18]
- Yonpahi radio show [January 23]
- 6th Niconico Shotenkaigi [January 25]
- Taipei Game Show [Jan 31]
- Tokaigi 2015 [Feb 1]

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SRK's exclusive interview with Fuudo part 2

SRK posted the second/last part of an exclusive interview with Fuudo.

Highlight

Transition from Virtua Fighter to Street Fighter
"I wanted to play against strong players I had never matched against before, like Daigo, Mago, and Tokido. I longed for playing with strong ones."
"In 3D games like VF, it’s all about you seeing through the other’s pattern and throwing a move to counter to win. But in 2D, that doesn’t work."
"I have to be always prudent and smart in each moment in SF. I learned that in a hard way."

Advice to the beginner
"I would say the fastest and most effective way is to keep playing against strong players, those who are stronger than you are."
"....just [Umehara] sharing [deep insights] with you can make you stronger."

Tournaments in the U.S.
"I would like to participate more if I have a chance to, but realistically it’s difficult with expensive travel cost, so I have to target for an event one per year, hence I chose EVO."
"I won all my three overseas tournaments [China, France, Evo 2011] so far"

No comments: